Welcome to Bexley Local Offer

Page icon

Travelling Around

Image representing the service provider: dial  ride (03-10-2019_1128)

Information about travelling around Bexley and the surrounding boroughs.











Dial A Ride 
You can apply for Dial-a-Ride membership if you are a permanent or temporary resident of the London borough. If you are applying for temporary membership, you will need to provide evidence of your membership of a similar door-to-door service for disabled travellers at your place of residence in order to qualify for the London Dial-a-Ride service.

You can find out more and download an application form here.  

You can contact 0343 222 7777 (TfL call charges) to request an application form.

Taxi Card and Capital Call
You can use Taxicard wherever you live in London. You can join Capital Call as well if you live in Bexley, Ealing, Enfield, Haringey, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton and Southwark. 

You may be eligible for both Taxicard and Capital Call if you:

  • Receive the higher rate mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance or the higher rate Attendance Allowance
  • Are registered blind
  • Receive the War Pension Mobility Component

More information and how to apply please telephone 020 7934 9791 or click here to visit the Taxicard website.

Taxicard Telephone: 020 7934 9791

Email: taxicard@londoncouncils.gov.uk 


Motability Scheme

The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair, using their Government funded mobility allowance . If you are not the disabled person, but are acting on their behalf as an appointee or nominee, you may be able to access the scheme on their behalf.  Appointees are solely responsible for collecting state benefits for the disabled person and for deciding how they are used. They are assigned by the Department for Work and Pensions and are usually a family member.

An appointee may be needed when the disabled person is under 16 years old or unable to look after their own affairs.  If you are unsure if you are an appointee, you can check directly with the DWP on 03457 123456.

For more information visit: https://www.motability.co.uk/


The Disabled Persons Railcard is for people with a disability that makes travelling by train difficult.
You will qualify if you:
- receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either:?the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or the higher or middle rate for the care component 
- have a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
- receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme
From more information visit: https://www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.uk/

Header icon
Loading gif
Header icon
Loading gif