16 Jun 2015

Can a parent/carer request an Education, Health and Care Plan assessment?

The majority of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND) will have their needs met through the resources and expertise within their educational setting.


The Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENco) at a child/young person’s educational setting is usually the first point of contact for parents and young people who have questions about special educational needs support. The SENco will know the child/young person well and will be able to give advice about a child/young person’s learning, the progress they are making, their strengths, their needs, the support they require. We always recommend that parents and carers speak with their child's SENCo when considering making a request for additional support.  


Parents/carers who wish to request an Education, Health and Care plan assessment (also know as a statutory assessment) complete and submit the requested form by clicking on this link and downloading the document at the bottom of the page.


If you have any questions about completing this form please contact the;


Special Educational Needs Statutory Assessment Service


Telephone: 0208 303 7777


If you would like some advice about special educational needs and disability that is independent of the local authority please contact the;


Information, Advice and Support Service

Telephone: 0203-045-5976
Email Address



Download Attachment